Sunday, July 01, 2007

Fags are banned... we're off to the pub!



Another busy week of working and catching up with friends! Maddie and I hooked up with our lovely friend Victoria and her handsome new fiance, David (a "spunk" from Coffs Harbour) on Saturday. The new smoking ban finally kicked in today (no smoking in pubs or restaurants), so naturally we decided to celebrate with a lovely Sunday pub lunch in Marylebone with our "London Family" - Simon, Nattie, Howie and Barney. When you are on the other side of the world from your real family, friends become more important than ever. We thank our lucky stars every day that we have this motley crew in our lives (and I don't mean the 80's glam rock band!). From the second we get together the laughter starts (mostly laughing at Barney!). They drown little Maddie in love and cuddles when they see her. She is usually exhausted after spending an afternoon with them! Don't know what we'd do without them.
I can't believe that I am turning 35 on Tuesday.... I am officially in my mid thirties! I suppose I could get in a state about getting older, but frankly I cant remember ever being so happy. I am so grateful for everything I have in my life. As they say... it's just a number.
Lots of love xxx










































1 comment:

BabyMac said...

I know that I am late but Happy Birthday for yesterday from all the Macdonalds! Hope you had a grand time. How lovely to get a sloppy kiss from your little lady this time round...wish we could come and have a few bevvies with youse to celebrate. BTW any tips for me for weaning from boob to formula - Daise is NOT impressed with my attempts - she thinks I have gone mad and forgotten what to do...