Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Mum, I want a little brother called hand-me-down"






















That is what Maddie announced from the back of the car today. Hand-me-down Nicholls. It's certainly got a ring to it! God knows where she gets these ideas, but they make Simes and I fall about laughing.



Yesterday Mads and I popped up to the book shop in Leichardt and bought her a new book (one of our favourite outings). On the way home I asked Maddie if she would like Simes to read it to her when we got home and she responded with "mum, dad's only a physio you know. he cant actually read!"

She has such a wild imagination and she draws the most hysterical conclusions about life. Every minute I spend with her is a joy. Even when she is throwing completely mental tantrums and driving Simes and I to the nut house, I can't help but look into those beautiful blue eyes and be thankful for every minute that I have with her.

If I didn't have to earn a crust, I would hang out with her all day every day. Life through her eyes is just so magical.
As for 'Hand-me-down'... I guess time will tell. I would love to have another little tacker and give Maddie a brother or sister, but the truth is that I feel absolutely blessed to have one lovely baby and I am a true believer in the old saying 'what will be,will be'.

1 comment:

BabyMac said...

Mind if I add that to the list of potential boy names? It's quite fabulous. I love her. x