Monday, November 16, 2009

Too beautiful for words!





































































































We have had a mad few weeks running around looking at houses (we are on a mission to buy our first home) and catching up with friends. Simes and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary with a fabulous looooong lunch at the Riverview Hotel in Balmain. We had planned to have a quick, sensible, adult bite to eat while Mads hung out with Benny and Richard for the arvo. It was so fab to hang out with Simes and have a giggle. We chatted, reminisced, and drunk WAY too much McLaren Vale Ale. It goes without saying that I had to walk back to collect the car the next morning.

Mads and I also had a fun afternoon at the park with Martin, Linus and Edie the other weekend. Mads insisted on wearing the fairy outfit that her Nanna gave her for her birthday. The truth is, that she would wear that outfit every day of the week if we gave her the OK. Talk about being fairy / princess obsessed.

We also went to a wig party last weekend. Let's just say that it is pretty tough to rock a mullet... but we gave it a good old Aussie go! Simes looked like Joe Dirt and I looked like some terrifying 80's rock lesbian.

Mads and I had a fabulous day on Sunday at the Glebe Festival. She was on top form and made me laugh from dawn til dusk. As we wandered past all the stalls she made comments like... "Oh mummy, would you look at those bangles? They are just too beautiful for words!". She kept me and all the stall holders very amused. On the walk home from the festival she let her imagination run wild as we pretended we were in the jungles of Africa running away from lions and tigers etc. She is a complete nut case!

The sweetest moment of the day was when we were strolling hand in hand down our street after a very busy arvo and she stopped and looked up at me and said "we are best buds aren't we mum". My heart nearly popped out of my chest. That kid is just.... too beautiful for words!


All is looking positive in the health department. I have been back to see the oncologist and my hormones are heading in the right direction. Simes, Maddie and I celebrated by dressing up like DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba and having a dance off. Naturally, Simes won! Fingers crossed that the docs will be able to give me the thumbs up within the next 12 weeks. Unfortunately we still have to wait 12 months after my hormones return to the normal levels to start trying for another baby, but quite frankly, I feel blessed to have my health and my lovely little family. If another baby is in our future, then that will be fabulous and if not, I am incredibly grateful for everything I have.

No comments: