Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy, Happy, Happy...


Maddie's development has gone into overdrive. In the past couple of weeks she has started to babble constantly and has even started to form full words (even though she doesn't know what they mean yet). The sweetest thing is that the first word she has fully formed (apart from mumma, dadda and bubba) is HAPPY. She repeats it over and over... happy, happy, happy! I hope that her life is always filled with happiness. It is quite amazing to watch as she soaks up information. She can now point to her nose, mouth and ears and she loves clapping along to nursery rhymes and waving good bye. Simes has taught her the word 'cuddle' and she breaks my heart by resting her head on our chests when we ask for a cuddle. Just heavenly!
One of her favourite things in the world is being read to. When we approach the book shelf her little face just lights up. I was so excited to find 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' by Eric Carle in a gorgeous children's book shop in Primrose Hill. It was one of my favourite books when I was little and it is wonderful to be able share it with her.
Life in London goes on... lovely catch ups with friends and extended family. Simes and I are both busy at work. Fox have 4 films in the London Film Festival later this month and we have lots of film premieres coming up. Even though I still love attending these events, and I am as passionate as ever about film, getting home to Simes and Maddie just seems more important than walking up the red carpet these days. Funny how your priorities change. I never imagined that two people could bring me so much joy... but they do.


































3 comments:

sazdan said...

Simon and Kate
So wonderful to see Maddie evolving .....WOW ...she seems to have ahieved so many milestones !!!!ENJOY..... They seem to bloosom so quickly!
All is well in the beautiful Baroossa ...girls are on school hols and having a ball....went swimming today and bowling tmorrow.
Love to all xxxxxxx

Sonya&Daniel said...

Hi Simon and Kate
Its great to see Maddie getting bigger and bigger...She is a real cuitie.
Hope to see you soon
Love always
Daniel, Sonya and Gemma

Sonya&Daniel said...

Hi Simon
I would love to send some potos to you of Gemma our home email is nicholls.sonya@internode.on.net catch you soon I Hope
Daniel