Sunday, September 16, 2007

Passing Milestones...

















































































































It is quite amazing how quickly little Maddie is developing. Since our last blog update, she has passed quite a few milestones including learning how to wave, clap and shuffle across the floor on her bottom. She has decided that 'bum shuffling' is a much more interesting way to get around than crawling. It isn't wildly elegant, but it gets her around so I say good luck to her! Judging by the way she is pulling herself up to the standing position, I don't think it will be too long before she is walking.
Maddie continues to be a complete daddy's girl. Nobody can make her laugh like Simes can. Nothing makes me happier than hearing her squeal with laughter as her dad sings her one of his songs or tickles her. It's just the best sound in the world.
I can't believe that Maddie is going to be a year old in just six weeks. Sometimes I wish I could slow down time so that I could enjoy each stage of her life for longer... but then I realise that she seems to get more and more lovely with every stage. We are going to celebrate her birthday with seven of her little friends at a party in Queens Park on October 15th. She is also going to have a joint birthday party with her dad on her actual birthday (Oct 31st) for the grown ups in her life.
Autumn is with us and the leaves are starting to fall from the trees. Although it is a beautiful time of year and we are making the most of the gorgeous colours and the final rays of sunshine, you cant help thinking about the dreaded London winter that will be here before we know it. Oh well, I guess it's a good excuse to stay home and cuddle!

No comments: